The main goal of career coaching is to help individuals manage their career planning and professional development with expert guidance suited to their unique career goals and challenges. Successful coaching requires a good coach who brings objectivity, practicality, structure and motivation to the process and offers various assessments, tools and strategies to form concrete, actionable steps towards success. It also requires a good coachee who is actively engaged in the coaching process and committed to working hand-in-hand with the coach.
Many people have inclination to follow what is working for others, yet this strategy may have little or no value for their own success. Every person is unique and needs to develop their own strategy. Career coaching can be helpful at every point of someone’s professional path – in the early years of college, immediately post-college and in the early, middle and late stages of career.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM CAREER COACHING?
• WORKING PROFESSIONALS looking for other job or career opportunities
• EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS trying to improve their skills and accelerate career success
• PROFESSIONALS IN CAREER TRANSITION, looking for a job and trying to figure out what they want to do next with their life
• RECENT GRADUATES trying to figure out a first career or a new career
• HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY STUDENTS trying to figure out a college major
Oscar Wilde said “Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result”. It’s believed that with reliable assessment and the best strategy to suit their needs, people can achieve a higher level of performance and success. Ask yourself now: Am I taking the positive steps to achieve my career goals? Am I waiting or am I creating? There is only one way to wait: just do nothing. But there are many ways to create results, so the opportunities are endless.